Friday 3 May 2013

My Breastfeeding Journey - Preparation

Its all started when I was pregnant with my 2nd child. The courage to fully breastfeed my baby was very high. Kenapa? Because during my firstborn baby, I only manage to fully BF him for about 4 months and then I stop completely. I feel so bad sebab tak dapat nak menyusukan my baby for longer period.



So, this time around, I made up my mind untuk fully BF my baby longer than my firstborn Ariff, 6 month and hopefully until 1 year. (actually I wish for 2 years but trying not to aim too high). So, how did I prepare myself for this journey.



Pertama sekali kene NIATsince preggy time lagi untuk BF baby. Meaning kene ade azam dan keinginan untuk susukan anak kite tu. Kalau tak niat dari awal, kite takde motivation after baby da lahir. Ade problem sikit da tak ade mood nak continue BF (Its happen to me myself masa my firstborn)
 
 
Kedua we will need moral support. Where to find it? Senang aje, of course number one supporter is Mr Hubby :) He is the backbone of this process. The love we share together will boost our milk supply. Sebab BF ni tak boleh stress tau kawan2!
 


 

Ketiga is support group, ok.. not that we need to go and find our support group di luar tu, online support group pun ok, contohnya Kumpulan Ibu Menyusu Badan kat facebook, banyak perkongsian dan ilmu menyusu boleh dicari :) Rakan sekerja dan orang sekeliling juga sangat2 memberi kesan terhadap usaha kita ni. Bercakaplah dengan orang yang sudah berjaya untuk menjadi inspirasi untuk diri kite. 




Keempat, bahan bacaan seperti Majalah PAMA sangat-sangat membantu memberi panduan untuk golongan ibu menyusu. Macam mana nak store the EBM, berapa ia boleh bertahan and all other info is there. Kene rajin membaca ye semua untuk menambah ilmu.

 


Kelima is to get the right pump for yourself. A lot of product available out there, choose within your budget and need. Various product from manual to electric, from single to double pumping. All features for ease of use. And for me, I have manual Avent and Medela Freestyle. Semua bergantung kepada budget dan features yang diingini.
 
 
Lastly kene istiqamah dan percaya akan rezeki Allah. InsyaAllah, Sesungguhnya Allah itu yang paling mengetahui :) Setuju x? Harapnya ade rezeki Lina dan kawan2 diluar sana untuk susukan baby kite as long as we could. InsyaAllah. Tq for reading!
 
 

XOXO,
Mama Lina
 


No comments:

Post a Comment